What should a closure really look like? Absolutely nothing.
Closure installation is becoming very popular in the black community; ensuring protection for your natural hair while being able to implement any desired style. The braiding technique is key for laying a flat closure. The purpose of a closure is to illusion a natural scalp using either silk or lace. Hints. “Natural Scalp”.
- Get a majority of the hair braided if not all, to increase growth and provide less tension and activity on left out hair i.e constant hair straightening, edge control build up, etc.
- Find a nice powdered concealer that matches your skin tone to better blend closure
- Treat as if it is your natural hair. Shampoo and Deep condition every two weeks
- Keep hair under weave maintained and moisturized
- Be very careful when oiling scalp between braids to make certain the weave doesn’t get oily
- Pluck large amounts of hair off of the closure during the parting process
- Have more than the edges left out
- Use the wrong braiding technique
Image: IG @_HairByKierra